A series highlighting what 2020/2021 Burning Man Honoraria artists are creating out in the world … NO MATTER WHAT!
- Launa Eddy was just trying to get her art home to New York. As one of the 2021 Burning Man Honoraria recipients making art no matter what, she was working out of a Washington-based studio to build her art piece, Through the Mind’s Eye. It was taking longer than expected (as art is wont to …Read More
- Artists, art-lovers, and creatives of all kinds: start your engines! This post is full of exciting art news, including the opening of the Honoraria grant program for 2022, a Temple announcement, and an online course about Burning Man art history. Hooray! After having no Black Rock City in 2020 and 2021, it feels like there’s …Read More
- With the 2021 Virtual Burn happening now (yes, right now…check it out!), it seemed fitting for us to highlight one of our Honorarium artists whose work incorporates technology and is accessible in virtual as well as physical spaces. We interviewed Matthew Pagoaga, an artist, technologist, and 2020/2021 Honorarium recipient. His Honorarium project, Parallel Self Embraced, …Read More
- It’s shaping up to be a busy summer for some Burning Man artists. Without the event in the desert this year, and with restrictions lifting across the country, people are eager to gather. And wherever they may gather, they want ART. Luckily, art is happening—right now, all around the world! As previously reported in The …Read More
- There’s going to be some great Burning Man art this year, no matter what, thanks to several generous donors who have funded our Honoraria program for the year! (We thought we’d just get that right out on the table.) But wait, we’re getting ahead of ourselves. Step back with us for a moment, if you …Read More