The ‘Consider Your Impact’ series tells stories that explore our community’s known and lesser-known effects on not just the Black Rock Desert itself, but the world around us as well. We hope it will raise awareness and inspire you to, well, consider your impact. Hence the name.
- As part of our Consider Your Impact series, we hear directly from people affected by Burners passing through local communities en route to and from Black Rock City. …Read More
- So now it’s Monday. Time to leave Black Rock City. And here comes the hard part. I mean, it’s been difficult all along — Burning Man’s no walk in the park — but now you and your campmates are entirely cracked out, utterly exhausted, and deeply playafied. Your psyche feels like it’s been stripped clean …Read More
- Here’s kind of a mind-blowing thought: there is a finite amount of matter in the universe. Yep, while things might be out of sight and out of mind, the reality is that nothing ever disappears, it just changes form, or moves somewhere else. It’s kind of wonderful if you think about it — nothing is …Read More
- By ScirpusDid you know that you can be issued a citation by the Bureau of Land Management if your fuel is stored directly on the playa or too close to your trailer? Yes, it is at the BLM’s discretion to cite you for any fuel storage issues, which would bring law enforcement into your camp, potentially …Read More
- Haters are gonna hate, and Burning Man haters are gonna hate on Burners’ environmental hypocrisy. And you know what? They’re not entirely wrong. I’m here to come clean and admit it. It’s true: while we preach Leaving No Trace and all the environmental consciousness hoodie-ha (and we’re legit working towards a sustainable future), Black Rock …Read More