We don’t want to see participants get cited or arrested by law enforcement as they enter Black Rock City, nor do you want it to happen to you, right? Right.
OK, so be smart, be prepared to be pulled over for any infraction that draws attention, and tighten up your ship before you get here. Yes, really. Here’s how:
- Make sure that all your taillights, license plate lights, turn signals and headlights are working.
- Ensure your license plates are not obscured by bikes, gear, or dirt.
- Wear your seatbelt and go the speed limit (10MPH on Gate Road and 5MPH in Black Rock City).
- Don’t drink and drive, don’t have an open container in your vehicle, and — as fun as it may be — do not ride on top of your vehicle while entering the city.
- Carry a current valid drivers license, vehicle registration and proof of insurance.
- Always be polite and respectful to law enforcement officers.
- Know your civil rights: law enforcement must have clear probable cause to search your vehicle. Watch this video to learn more:
Finally, please report ANY interaction with law enforcement — good or bad — by filling out a Law Enforcement Feedback Form at Ranger HQ so that we can use this (anonymous) information for our daily meetings with law enforcement heads.
Be smart, stay safe!