The Media Mecca team is settling in and reporting direct from the West Wing (our internet office in Center Camp).
As you may already know, we’ve been undergoing a review of the Burning Man Digital Rights Policy this year. We have some changes that we will review at our Playa Digital Rights event (described below) and back in SF. We have until December to finalize this review, as new tickets and terms (2011) will be released at that time.
We want to invite all interested in this conversation to join our Playa Digital Rights: Copyright & Privacy event at Center Camp Cafe, Black Rock City, NV, in 2010. Ask questions, engage with our crew, and contribute to the evolution of our media policies.
Join the Media Mecca team
Friday. September 3, 2010
Center Camp Cafe
Black Rock City, NV
Playa Digital Rights: Copyright & Privacy
The event will be audio recorded.
Questions this presentation will cover:
1. What constitutes personal use?
2. What are our guiding principles when it comes to documentation and when do we enforce and why?
3. Where and when can I report camera violations?
4. How can I contribute to the best practices document?
5. What are some of the issues around playa documentation?
Your Questions and comments are welcome in person and via email@example.com
warmly and softly,
the burning nerds.