You’ve likely already seen our invitation for you to participate in “Leave a Positive Trace” this weekend from Friday, June 21 to Sunday, June 23, wherever you may be. This is an open, passionate invitation to activate and celebrate the ethos of Burning Man in your year-round community. A few things are already popping up (we’ll be updating this list as new items come in):
- Permaculture Action Day with Burning Man Project (Oakland, CA)
- Tara Mechani Opening Celebration (San Francisco, CA)
- Free Hugs (San Francisco, CA)
- Labyrinth Walk (Gerlach, NV): Join Burning Man co-founders Crimson Rose and Will Roger to walk the Labyrinth. They’ll start at 8PM with a fire after the walk. 185 El Rancho Ave, Gerlach, NV.
- Brookland Trash Mob (Washington, DC)
- Summer Solstice Celebration (Virginia Beach, VA)
- Join a mini Man burn at La Fête Des Potagers (Pivol Lantosque, France)
Not sure what to do? Plan a work of art to beautify a local space. Get a group of friends together to clean up a nearby beach. Volunteer at a local food bank or homeless shelter. Visit a senior center or see if a youth group needs help. Get inspired by past Burners Without Borders community projects from the Global Wave of Service, or check out BWB’s handy dandy tool-kit for kickstarting civic projects. Whatever you do, feel free to make it fun and self-expressive!
Share what you’re up to in this Facebook event, on Instagram, and on Twitter! Tag your posts, photos, videos, thoughts and more with #thankslarry, #leaveapositivetrace and/or #burningsolstice so we can find and share your content, particularly on Instagram Stories. We’ll be sharing your content over the weekend.
Let’s join together for a weekend of Civic Responsibility, Participation, and Communal Effort. Bring Burning Man to the world around you!
Top photo by Mark Mennie