Have you ever wished you could go to Burning Man 365 days a year?
You’ve made it this far, so we’re going to reveal the big secret — YOU CAN!
Consider this a cheat sheet for finding a gazillion Burner-y things to do. Behind all of the words and links below are real Burners doing spectacular things out in the world. And all of them are available for you to plug into, participate in, and stir up some Burner magic — even right NOW.
Choose Your Own Adventure — What Do YOU Want to Do?
Commune with Burner Art
- Find out if 2021 Honoraria art is coming to a town or city near you.
- Explore the Burner Art Safari Map (and add your own discoveries and creations).
- Watch Season 1 of ArtSpeaks, our Burning Man artist storytelling series.
Co-create Virtual Burning Man
Virtual Burning Man will be alive and kicking for two entire weeks this year — August 21 to September 5, 2021. The earlier you offer your skills, idea, or project, the more you will get out of this global virtual adventure. Get involved with Virtual Burning Man.
Get Your Groove On Year-Round at Virtual Burning Man Events
You don’t have to wait until August to start co-creating and participating in virtual Burning Man adventures that span the globe. Here are some ways to Burn virtually, year round.
- Burn2 is a year-round Burning Man community in SecondLife.
- CoReality Collective regularly produces interdimensional virtual gatherings.
- BRCvr recreates the playa and hosts regular gatherings in Virtual Reality.
- Dusty Multiverse offers a playa (and parties) in Interactive Immersive Reality.
- Browse Kindling to discover and participate in a smorgasbord of live virtual events.
Participate in Your Regional Community
While most Regional Events went virtual or were cancelled in 2020, we expect a few small in-person events to resume in 2021. Many Burners find their true “home” close to home, getting involved with their Regional group. Participating in community service projects, collaborative art, Pre-compressions, Decompressions, and other Regional Events is only the beginning of what’s possible. Check the Regionals map to find your nearest Regional community.
Bring About Positive Change in Your Community as a Burner Without Borders!
Behind that glowy facade, there’s meaningful work being done in the Burner-verse. Through Burners Without Borders, people are coming together worldwide to support their communities.
- Email email@example.com with your city, state and country to find your nearest BWB chapter.
- Sign up for the BWB Newsletter to tap into community projects and conversations.
- Watch a playlist of Global Activation calls — an emerging series highlighting community projects from across the network.
Tell Us About Your Projects, Ideas, and Initiatives
Log into your Burner Profile to tell us about the impact-driven projects and initiatives you’re creating out in the world. What we learn will help us map the ways Burning Man culture is being applied to address conventional challenges.
Collaborate and Share Ideas in Burning Man Hive Labs
Dive into Burning Man Hive Labs to collaborate on shared goals for evolving Black Rock City and Burning Man culture around sustainability; Radical Inclusion, diversity and equity (R.I.D.E.); health and safety; and participation. Sign up here to join and add your voice.
Contribute to Making Burning Man More Radically Inclusive, Diverse and Equitable
In collaboration with you, we are doubling down on the work of changing the landscape of Burning Man Project, Black Rock City, and Burner communities and gatherings with regard to Radical Inclusion, diversity, and equity.
- Read about what we’re doing to make Burning Man culture more Radically Inclusive.
- Learn about the second Radical Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Town Hall.
- Watch the first Radical Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Town Hall.
- If you’d like to get involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org and say hi.
Contribute to a Regenerative Black Rock City
Burning Man Project’s 2030 Environmental Sustainability Roadmap sets a 10-year timeline and targets for making Black Rock City regenerative. And it’s open source — you can contribute to its evolution!
- Contribute your ideas for making our desert city regenerative.
- Participate in the Green Theme Camp Community.
- Watch a recording of the Green Theme Camp Summit.
- See finalists for the Land Art Generator Initiative 2020 Fly Ranch Competition.
- Learn about sustainability projects underway at Fly Ranch.
Tell the World About Your Live Virtual Event
If you’re creating a live virtual community event — maybe it’s a workshop, dance party, performance, puppet show… or anything, really — submit it to Kindling, Burning Man Project’s virtual events portal.
Build a Theme Camp
Many Theme Camps do interesting stuff year round. Maybe it’s your turn to start one?
- Register for the 2021 Camp Symposium to connect and learn with the Black Rock City camp community on Saturday, May 22.
- Start a new theme camp! It’s not too early to virtually gather your friends and start planning your contribution to a radically different Black Rock City 2022.
Expand Your Mind
- Read writings by Larry Harvey, the late founder of Burning Man.
- Read or listen to BUILT TO BURN, Tony “Coyote” Perez’s wild tale of how he stumbled into it all more than 25 years ago.
- Listen to Burning Man LIVE, Burning Man Project’s in-house podcast.
- Listen to BMIR’s 2020 Justice and Equality podcast series.
- Tune into Accelerant, a virtual salon series about the 10 Principles.
- Listen to the Culturally Attuned podcast, and follow the Cultural Synergy course.
Stay up to Date
- Subscribe to the Jackrabbit Speaks, Burning Man Project’s community newsletter.
- Join the Kindling newsletter to learn about upcoming live virtual events.
Cover image of Billion Bunny March, 2019 (Photo by Keith Aeschliman)