Burn Here (And Everywhere) Now — Introducing “365: A Burning Man Field Guide”

We may not be building Black Rock City together this summer, but Burning Man is barreling full speed ahead, in full technicolor, and YOU are invited to get on board. Burners everywhere — just like you and your friends — are busy making art, planning wildly creative adventures, and doing helpful and good things. Of course you are; that’s what makes your dusty heart sing.

As you emerge into the world, we’re here to fire up your permission engine. We want to help open up the inherent possibilities that arise when you bring your most creative, inquisitive, most playful and resilient self into this very moment — and then invite your crew along for the ride.

Introducing 365: A Burning Man Field Guide — your manual for infusing Burner magic, whimsy, and kindness into your corner of the universe, right now. Dive into these beautifully illustrated pages to learn about Plugging into Burning Man Culture Virtually, Participating as a Burner in Your Home and Community, and Responsibly Visiting the Black Rock Desert.

Share it with your friends!

Cover image: “365: A Burning Man Field Guide” design and illustration by Tanner Boeger

About the author: Burning Man Project

The official voice of the Burning Man organization, managed by Burning Man Project's Communications Team.

11 Comments on “Burn Here (And Everywhere) Now — Introducing “365: A Burning Man Field Guide”

• Burning Man Project Communications says:

Reminder: Burning Man Project has a responsibility to maintain this space for the benefit of all participants, to ensure that comments serve to enhance the experience of our visitors, rather than cause harm. While spirited conversation is welcome, unruly and rude behavior is not. Posts that are harmful to others or run counter to the spirit of civil discourse may be removed.

Please review our COMMENT POLICY here, then comment with care: https://journal.burningman.org/comment-policy/

• Maxim grippaldi says:

Hello I am a young man lost in the world of my mind, wondering what and why I have been placed on this earth. I only turned 18 two years ago today and never felt the passion to explore BURNINGMAN and it’s wonderful offerings. I was bummed to hear 2021 got canceled but have my eyes on 2022. Creating and brainstorming fun costumes I can make at home with recycled climbing ropes, chains, and cloths. I am here to say hello and ask where I might be able to get a copy of BURNINGMAN 365 guidebook.

• Kirsten Weisenburger says:

Hello Maxim! Welcome! We can’t wait to see what you create! The 365 is currently not a print guidebook, it’s 100% online. Just click on the link in the article to explore. You may also be interested in reading the 2019 Survival Guide online. You’ll find it on the Burning Man website.

• Tom ( the Bishop ) Andrejko says:

Hang in there my brothers and sisters of the Playa we will meet again in the Dust !!! Love and best wishes to all !!!

• Fillip says:

My permission engine is all fired up! But we are building Black Rock City this year, it’s just that the Org won’t be there.

• Build BRC says:

This is great and all, but mostly we need to build Black Rock City. BRC is the crucible of the culture. Without it the culture will wither and is withering.

The City has never been whole, building it has never been safe, living in it has never won the moral approval of the default. Seeking to achieve these things is an objective in the way of a mission.

What might be better than a handbook or another documentary or advice on how to camp or how to be virtual is to go ahead and start submissions and ticket sales.

Get 2022 locked in with an unfailing momentum!

• Shai says:

Where are tickets purchased? and for the non-event event that is apparently happening this year, again, where are tickets purchased?

• Sumner Zupa says:

I am glad that you want to help open up the inherent possibilities that arise when you bring your most creative, inquisitive, most playful and resilient self into this very moment. This is a great idea.

• Tile Installer says: